Canon printer error E59 is one of the most common errors that printer users have to encounter. It is when the print head becomes unresponsive. This problem can be solved by following a few simple steps.
What is Canon Printer Error E59?
Canon E59 error is a common problem faced by many users and you are not alone if you are facing this error. This message is displayed when something wrong has occurred in your printer or ink cartridges. This error can strike at any time, so we recommend you be prepared for it by using an online driver update utility that will scan your system for outdated drivers and automatically fix them.
You can also use an updated printer driver from our website if the Canon Printer Error E59 problem remains unresolved after using our program first.
Following these steps:
- Turn on your Canon Printer.
- Press and hold the ‘Reset’ button.
- Release the ‘Power/Stop’ button (don’t release the ‘Reset’ button!).
- Release both buttons when you are instructed to do so.
Turn on your Canon Printer.
To begin, turn on your Canon printer. Make sure that it is plugged in and the power cable is properly connected to the back of the printer. You should also make sure that the power button is turned on. If you are using a wireless network for this printer, make sure that it is on the same network as your computer.
If those steps did not fix your error, then there may be something wrong with the communication between your computer and printer or some feature within one of those two devices causing an issue with printing. In this case, try uninstalling and reinstalling each device’s software (Windows 10 users can find instructions here).
Press and hold the ‘Reset’ button
Press and hold the ‘Reset’ button on the printer.
Don’t release the ‘Power/Stop’ button.
Don’t release the ‘Reset’ button.
Release both buttons when you are instructed to do so.
Release the ‘Power/Stop’ button (don’t release the ‘Reset’ button!)
Don’t release the ‘Reset’ button yet!
Let go of the Power/Stop button and wait until you are instructed to do so.
Release both buttons when you are instructed to do so.
Release both buttons when you are instructed to do so. If you do not release the buttons at exactly the right time, your printer may not reset itself.
Causes of Canon Printer Error E59
When the print head is clogged
When the print head is not installed properly
When the print head is damaged
When the print head is not installed correctly
Fixing error E59 is quite easy if you follow these simple steps.
If you want to fix Canon Printer Error E59, follow the steps below.
- Turn off the printer and computer then unplug all cables from both devices.
- Remove the cartridge from the printer, but do not use any paper towels or tissues that can leave behind lint on your cartridge’s nozzles (the tiny tubes inside). Instead, wipe them with a cloth dampened with warm water and dry with another clean cloth before reinstalling it into your printer again—this will help prevent future problems like this one that pops up on the screen: “Canon Printer Error E59.”
- Now that everything has been disconnected from each other and cleaned properly, reconnect them all again in reverse order—first connect your computer back up via its USB cable; then plug its power cord back into an outlet so it can start charging its batteries (thereby also powering off automatically when electricity is lost); finally put back in place those ink cartridges you removed earlier so they can begin working again immediately after turning their machine back on again!
How to Repair Canon Printer Error E59?
- Reboot your computer and printer.
- Update the printer driver.
- Install the latest printer driver.
- Reinstall the printer driver, if you have downloaded it from the Canon website before, then uninstall it first and then install it again after fixing the E59 error on your computer or laptop.
- Check the USB cable and power cord of your Canon MX922 printer for any damage or disconnection with each other or from devices such as USB ports on your PC/laptop, or wall socket, etc., if found damaged replace them immediately otherwise check for any loose connection between both ends of cables which is mostly caused by frequent movement during use of printers, especially in high-end models like Canon MX922 model where quality control isn’t so good anymore due to mass production process adopted by companies nowadays but remember that this doesn’t apply only to this brand as others also suffer from similar flaws when compared against older models produced years ago like those manufactured back then when quality was still taken into consideration rather than how much profit could be made per unit sold off-market today – maybe that’s why most people prefer buying secondhand items instead because they last longer while providing better value than new ones offered at similar prices out there
Once the problem is fixed, you can easily print your document or files.
Once the problem is fixed, you can easily print your document or files. You can fix this problem by following the steps given in this article. First of all, you have to check if the printer is connected to a computer or not and whether it’s turned on or not. If it is connected properly then check whether there are any issues with its software and drivers installed on your device. If everything checks out fine then proceed with these steps:
- Go to control panel->Devices & Printers>Right click on ‘Printer’ >Print Service >Select Properties >Tick ‘Use Printer Offline’ (If it is not ticked)
- Right Click ‘Local Port’ >Print Service Provider >Right Click Local Port>Properties>General Tab->Tick Enable Prating On This Port
We hope this post helped you fix the E59 error on your Canon printer. If you want to know more about how to fix printer issues, here is a list of posts that might help:
Section: How to Fix the Brother Printer Error 23 in Windows 10?
Section: How To Fix “Unable To Print 50” Brother Printer Error?
Section: How to Fix HP Printer Error 0xc19a0020 in Windows 10?