For any party planner, having great food is the best way to make your event memorable. Here are some fun and easy baby shower food ideas that will help you wow your guests:
You can make a cake in the shape of a diaper. First, bake your favourite chocolate cake mix, and frost it with chocolate frosting. Then, decorate it with chocolate sprinkles to resemble baby powder.
For this recipe, you will need:
- One box of chocolate cake mix (you can use any flavour)
- One package brownie mix (any brand) – follow the instructions on the box!
- 2 cups milk
“Rattle” shaped cookies.
To make these cookies, you’ll need:
- 1 batch of vanilla frosting (or any other flavour you choose)
- A cookie cutter in the shape of a rattle
- Toothpicks or wooden skewers to help hold the frosted cookies together while drying (optional)
Pipe on white frosting with an icing bag and tip to decorate your cookies. If you want to mix things up and make them look like rattles, use another frosting colour instead. And if you’re feeling extra creative—or if it’s your baby shower—use sprinkles to create designs on top!
Fruit bites are a great addition to any baby shower. They’re easy to make, healthy for the mom-to-be and easy to eat. In addition, you can use leftover fruit from other recipes or seasonal fruits that you want to highlight, such as strawberries in summer or apples in fall.
- Use a muffin tin with liners and add two small spoonfuls of cake batter into each liner (or enough until they’re filled up). Since these are small treats, they won’t need much batter (about two tablespoons per cupcake). If you don’t have muffin tins, also called cupcake holders or paper cases—they generally come with 12 paper cases per pack—you can just put them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper instead.
- Divide the berries between each liner so each one gets about one tablespoon on top of their batter base, then sprinkle some brown sugar over the top before baking for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit/180. Degrees Celsius until golden brown on top!
To make the mini shishkabobs, use a toothpick, skewers (if you have them) or a fork. You can also skewer the food with a knife blade and cut small pieces off it to serve.
Mini quiche recipes are a great way to enjoy the goodness of a quiche without taking up too much room on your plate. You can make these for any occasion, but they are especially useful for baby showers because they’re so easy to eat and can be served warm or cold—the perfect finger food for an outdoor event!
To make mini quiches, use your favourite recipe (or try one from this list) and bake them in a muffin tin. For example, if you were making regular-sized quiches with an English muffin base as directed by [name of blog post], you would divide the eggs between 12 mini muffin cups instead of six larger ones.
The advantages here are that there’s no need to roll dough or cut it into circles; it’s just buttery goodness right out of the oven! Plus, since everything is baked together at once rather than layered over time as traditional quiches do, it will all come out perfectly cooked every single time without any risk of undercooked eggs or overcooked veggies sneaking their way into anyone’s slice before serving time arrives (which wouldn’t feel very satisfying).
Chicken salad tea sandwiches
- Make the chicken salad: Toss shredded chicken with chopped celery and mayonnaise in a large bowl until combined. Season to taste with salt, pepper and any other seasonings you like (we love dried cranberries or chopped nuts).
- Assemble sandwiches: Slice the bread in half horizontally and spread the cut side of each slice with butter or margarine (this will help keep them soft). Spoon about 1/4 cup of chicken salad on two slices of bread; top with the remaining two slices. Use a toothpick to hold them together and serve immediately for best results!
Cheese and crackers
It’s a classic choice for a baby shower, but you can get creative with the types of cheese and crackers. For example, you could do a variety of platter with different cheeses and accompaniments, or make it easy by choosing one type of cheese and making several different cheeseboard options.
Non-alcoholic champagne punch
- Prepare your ingredients. You’ll need the following:
- sparkling cider (or sparkling water)
- fruit slices, such as raspberries or strawberries
- a few drops of food colouring (optional)
- vanilla extract, almond extract or mint extract (optional)
These food ideas are fun and easy to make.
These food ideas are fun and easy to make. They’re perfect for a baby shower but also great for any party or event in general. No matter who you are, you’ll love these awesome snacks:
- Baked potato skins
- Chocolate-covered strawberries
- Brownies with peanut butter frosting
There are so many ways to celebrate the impending arrival of a new baby! Whether you’re looking for something simple or elaborate, these food ideas keep everyone happy and well fed.